Saturday, March 14, 2009

Update

Hi all!

I don’t have much news to report. These past few days have been normal and although the ICC decision caused all of us to be more concerned and alert, thank God nothing major has happened here in Khartoum and we’ve been going about our business as usual.

I am just going to post some pictures of me so you all see that I am fine and describe a little of my routine in this city.

I ride to work everyday at 8:00 with my Brazilian colleague (10min drive). Once I arrive in the office, I make a phone call to the U.S., read the daily local newspaper and start working. Our department is in preparation phase and there are still a lot to be organized before the elections actually happen!

Around lunch time I usually have a sandwich or a yogurt at my desk. Sometimes some of us from the office go out to a restaurant. I never eat in the UNMIS cafeteria. The food there is terrible!

About 3x a week I go to the Rotana in the evenings to work out for 1 hour. (Tef and Yndira will be surprised to read this!) but I am not on any better shape. I eat lots of sweets; There are amazing ones here! The gym is just to pass time :)

On weekends, I also work out a little and then go spend the rest of the day by the pool. It’s great! I read, chat with my friend and play with her kids.

So, that’s it. Today is Sunday here and I am about to start my last work week before a 10-day vacation! Yay! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment