Saturday, February 14, 2009

Sandstorm...















I have adjusted in my new place (gray building) and I like it very much. I do laundry everyday! :) Also, my ears are stating to get used to the sound of Arabic. “Hamdulilah” is my favorite word so far. It means “Thanks to God” and it’s said all the time here. I like the way it sounds.

Last week I had a taste (literally!) of what the Haboob will be like. We had a sandstorm and for like a whole day, I tasted and breathed sand. I learned not to have conversations outside or by the window! There was so much dust in the air that we couldn’t see the sky. It wasn’t blue nor cloudy. It was just “yellowish”. Some pics are attached, but unfortunately they don't capture the storm very well… These were taken on the way from the UN to my place. Anyway, Happy Belated Valentine’s Day to all! It was also Valentine’s Day here in Sudan.







No comments:

Post a Comment