Monday, May 11, 2009

La vie en dustland...


This weekend, I witnessed my first real sandstorm, aka Haboub. It was really difficult to stay and see outside. There were sand and trash flying all around! Inside the apartment, I also could smell the dust because it found its way in... It was crazy! The following day, my place looked like it was under construction.

The “Hahoub” ended within a few hours, but the dust is still in the air. I heard it will only go away when it rains. But it almost never rains here! One positive side of all this dust is that it blocks the sun. So it’s cool and dusty :)



Anyway, I also had a nice market experience on Saturday. I went to a local place with my friend and had lots of fun. I felt a lot like an outsider, but also felt welcomed and confortable in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment